I looked out our back door tonight and saw the fog coming in as the sun was setting so I grabbed my camera, jumped on a bike and headed down to the estuary to get some shots… Enjoy!
It’s been a while since my last post but I still have my camera with me most of the time and take photos now and then – I just don’t seem to have the time to process or post them! Anyway, this is a field that I drive past on my way to work and I kept thinking that it would look good in a photo so I stopped and took some a few days ago… Enjoy🙂
I’ve been nominated for a Versatile Blogger Award twice and haven’t been able to pass it on up to now – but here it is! I’m going to deviate a little but from the normal format but a huge thanks to Xandré Verkes and Reina Cottier for nominating me. It’s much appreciated and provided some much-needed encouragement during my 2011 photo-a-day project😀
Soooo, who’s blogs do I read the most? (In no particular order so please don’t be offended)
- HDR shooter – absolute magic! If you are one to the few that haven’t had a look already, head on over and check out a true HDR artist.
- Morgan Wiltshire Photography – stunning images and very interesting perspectives
- Xandré Verkes – fantastic images, a great photo blog and a nice person to boot!
- Alex Frank Photography – another amazing HDR photographer.
- bang | Photography – hugely creative and often abstract photography
- Donald Reese Photography – and yet another stunning HDR artist (do you see a theme with my favourites yet?)
- dan jurak’s alberta landscape photo blog – stunning shots and great blog
- HDRtist – an HDR guru and a pleasure to follow
- Reina Cottier NZ Artist – a fellow kiwi with a fantastic talent!
- Martina Cross – creative, stunning shots that I often check out
- In Search of Style – a very interesting journey through photographic styles by a talented artist
- SIRFISHALOT’S BLOG – awesome HDR images from nature
Just a few of the hugely talented individuals that I follow – make sure you take the time to have a look and follow them if you like what you see. Happy blogging people!🙂
This is an old house in Waikuku on State Highway 1 that I drive past most days on my way to work. I’ve been meaning to stop and take photos for ages and almost didn’t (I even slowed down, decided not to and kept driving, and then pulled over a did a U-turn a bit down the road) but fought the urge to keep driving and grabbed a few photos.
My wife hates driving with me when I’ve got my camera close because I always want to stop, and while I do feel sorry for all partners of people who like to take photos, it’s always worth stopping! So these photos are dedicated to the frustrated partners who have to sit and wait for photos to be taken…
I just clicked today that I’m ‘that Dad’! Before we had Brylee we always saw those parents who always posted photos of their kids and said that we wouldn’t be like that when we had kids, but it turns out that it’s harder that you’d think. Anyway, why break from the mould so here are some more photos of Brylee playing outside in her little pool that Uncle Mikey gave her…
I was talking to Mel tonight when I noticed how awesome her eyes looked in the light. She has pretty cool eyes (which she’s luckily passed on to Brylee) so I grabbed my camera and took some shots in the natural light from the window you can see in the reflection. Check out the end result after de-saturating everything but the iris…
Some photos from our recent trip to Kaikoura. This is a seal colony just north of Kaikoura that we visited on New Years Day. To be honest I did expect it to be more interesting than sleeping, smelly seals but was a bit disappointed… They blended in well with the rocks so the easiest way to spot them was to walk until you smelt one was close, then stop and look around. Not as cool as they look on TV but worth a look none the less.
It’s been a week since my last post! Which doesn’t sound like long but has been a lifetime to me. Don’t get me wrong – I really enjoyed the project and I still have my camera on me most of the time but it’s been great not having to post every single night!🙂
Anyway, here are a few photos…
Cheeky wee wink
Watching with Nana